Julie Vianale concentrates her practice on criminal defense, and complex civil litigation, including probate litigation. She is admitted to practice in Florida and New York.
After graduating from The University of Virginia School of Law, Julie Vianale served for one year as a law clerk to Chief Judge Anthony A. Alaimo, in the United States District Judge for the Southern District of Georgia. After completing her clerkship, Ms. Vianale began her professional practice in criminal defense at Botein Hays & Sklar, a New York City law firm with which she was associated from 1985 to 1989. While at Botein, Ms. Vianale served on a team of attorneys that defended a high-level executive tried along with Stanley M. Friedman and several other defendants in a four-week public corruption trial popularly known as the “Parking Violations Bureau Scandal.” See United States v. Friedman, 635 F. Supp. 782 (S.D.N.Y. 1986).
Ms. Vianale went on to serve as a trial attorney at the Federal Public Defenders Office in Manhattan, where she worked from 1989 to 1996. As a Federal Public Defender, Ms. Vianale defended clients charged with the gamut of federal criminal offenses, including mail and wire fraud, tax fraud, bank fraud, immigration offenses, securities fraud, narcotics trafficking, money laundering, weapons possession, credit card fraud, identity fraud, obstruction of justice, violations of probation and supervised release, and international extradition.
• US v. Genna, et al., 92 Cr. 374 (JFK) (multi-week narcotics conspiracy trial)
• US v. John Peter Schmidt, 90 Cr. 364 (LMM) (S.D.N.Y.) (multi-week money laundering trial)
• US v. Timmy Cox, et al., 02-CR-60111 (S.D. Fla.) (co-counsel in complex embezzlement trial)
• JD, University of Virginia, 1984
• BA, Phi Beta Kappa, University of Maryland, 1981
• The Florida Bar, 1999
• New York State Bar, 1985
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
• U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
• U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
• U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
• U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
• U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
Professional and Community Activities
• Member, Federal Bar Association
• Member, Palm Beach County Bar Association Criminal Practice Committee
• Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
• Member, Florida Association of Women Lawyers, South Palm Beach County Chapter
• Former Trial Advocacy Instructor, National Institute for Trial Advocacy
• Completed training at National Criminal Defense College
• The Rotary Club of Boca Raton, President, 2013-2014